We have multiple updates for you today as we’re working to mitigate the spread of COVID during the surge of cases happening throughout the county that has resulted in an increase here on campus as well.
All Healthcare Center residents tested Monday, 1/3 alongside staff on both 100 and 200 and any unvaccinated staff.
We do not have all the test results back yet, but we do have additional staff positives to report. All newly positive staff members are at home and will remain in isolation until they are released by the health department.
CURRENT SCV CASE COUNT:
- 1 Resident
- 6 Staff
- 1 Staff
- 1 Resident
*Note: Residents at Baunta and Forest View are not required to report their COVID status to SCV.
COVID MITIGATION STEPS
- All Healthcare Center (SHC) residents and all staff (both regardless of vaccination status) will PCR test on Thursday, 1/6.
- All Friendship Towers staff (regardless of vaccination) will PCR test this Thursday, 1/6. Any resident that is showing a sign/symptom will be tested.
- All Healthcare Center communal dining and group activities has been paused.
- All staff are in N95 masks. No more than 2 in a break room at any time.
- Stepped up cleaning and sanitization is taking place.
- All residents are encouraged to wear masks when in hallways.
- Out of an abundance of caution, we have reached out to request a strike team to relieve staffing challenges at the Healthcare Center. We don’t know if they will grant that request, but other communities are experiencing the same staffing challenges and requesting them now as well.
- We have paused admissions at the Healthcare Center.
GUIDANCE AND RESULTS
As you have no doubt seen on the news, guidance is fluid. We are doing our best to pivot and adapt quickly.
Going forward, we will be updating the website daily Monday – Friday (and on the weekend if there are updates) instead of email updates to allow our team to direct their time to resident care. Please watch for case count under the COVID Update on the website. As always, if your loved one is positive, we will reach out to the POA.
Thank you for your patience and grace as we start the new year putting our trust in the Lord and our energies into keeping your loved ones and our staff safe.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeramiah 29:11