Lexington, KY – March 4, 2020 – Sayre Christian Village has the honor of caring for 375 residents on our campus. Their safety and the safety of our team & volunteers is our highest priority. Our approach to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) begins with prevention and education, while ensuring our rapid response and emergency preparedness plans are in place. These scenarios mirror what the Center for Disease Control (CDC) is recommending to prevent and combat this new virus.
In addition to following the CDC and the Kentucky Public Health System guidelines and protocols, we are in constant communication with our state association and our medical director to ensure that we have the latest news and updates, should recommendations change. We are actively educating all staff members to ensure they are aware of the protocols on disease control and prevention.
Sayre Christian Village just completed our annual state health inspection, performed by the Office of the Inspector General February 4 – 6th, and are proud to announce that we received no deficiencies in nursing services or infection control.
Please help us prevent infections.
Visitors and family members, please wash your hands before entering units/residents’ rooms and use the hand sanitizers located throughout our buildings.
The Sayre Christian Village resident population is vulnerable due to their age and their medical comorbidities. Please do not visit if you can answer yes to any of these questions:
- If you have traveled outside of the US in the last 30 days
- If you have been exposed to any respiratory illness in the last 2 weeks
- If you are currently experiencing any signs and symptoms of fever, cough, sore throat, nasal congestion, runny nose or diarrhea
Sayre Christian Village feels confident that a proactive approach is the best defense. Should you have any further questions for our team, please contact Donna Maynard, Director of Nursing Services at . Please continue to check back with this page for any updates.
(VIDEO) WKYT was onsite at Sayre Christian Village Healthcare Center for a statement from Karen Venis, CEO on the preparations in place for the Coronavirus and other emergency preparedness plans, like the state-wide tornado drill.
Additional information regarding COVID-19:
- Center for Disease Control – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Kentucky Department of Health – https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dph/Pages/covid19.aspx
- The US State Department has issued travel advisories for those considering out-of-country travel. The most updated advisories can be found on their website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/novel-coronavirus-hubei-province–china.html
Sayre Christian Village is the only faith-based nonprofit continuing care retirement community in Fayette County. We provide independent living, assisted living, transitional short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing services, and dementia care to more than 375 older adults. The organization operates on a beautiful 27-acre campus in Southeast Lexington and has served the needs of older adults since 1983.