Sayre Healthcare Center
We have 12 residents on Unit 200 that have tested positive for COVID today. All cases are isolated on the D hall of Unit 200. We are also saddened to relay that we lost a resident to COVID on Sunday as well.
It’s been such a long time since we had this heavy news to report and we are all feeling the loss of one of our long-time, beloved residents. Please keep their family in your prayers – they are in ours.
In times like these, we remember that ‘trusting God in uncertainty anchors your heart to hope.’
COVID MITIGATION STEPS
At this time, all SHC employees are required to wear N-95 masks, regardless of vaccination status.
When we have a resident or employee test positive, we continue to work with the Health Department and follow their lead, which is consistent with CMS and CDC guidance.
- If we are able to conduct thorough contact tracing, we will test residents/staff who were in close contact with the COVID-positive individual.
- If we are unable to determine close contacts, we conduct surveillance testing until we have no new positive cases, again in accordance with CMS/CDC guidelines.
Additionally, at SHC if we have a new case or are in an outbreak situation, a notice will be posted on the front door of the building. As an added precaution, we will also post the notice on the door of the affected unit.
We are installing a plastic temporary wall with a zipper to seal off the Unit 200 D hall entirely. Staff will enter and exit from one single point for this Covid Unit.
PPE/Signage on Resident Doors – Residents at SHC and Friendship Towers who are on isolation precautions for COVID have PPE as well as signage on their door to inform staff, residents, and, families of the necessary precautions to take prior to entering the room.
Additional Mitigation Steps for Unit 200:
- Communal dining & activities have been paused. Residents will dine on paper products on this hall.
- Stepped-up cleaning & sanitization has taken place
- All admissions to this unit have been paused
- The Beauty Shop is temporarily closed
Please bookmark the COVID Update webpage on your phone/mobile device and feel free to check it at any time – it is updated with the current case count when we have new information to share.
If you have any questions about the SCV COVID protocol, please reach out to and we will respond in a timely manner or contact Rachel Mann, Director of Nursing, or Penny Upton, VP of Healthcare Services at the Healthcare Center.
We have a staff member that has tested positive. We will monitor residents and staff for signs and symptoms of Covid and test if symptomatic.