Friendship Towers, with 100 apartments, provides independent retirement living for the active, self-sufficient older adult, with the emphasis on an older adult-friendly environment. The main ingredient that sets us apart from other living options is the caring atmosphere that exists among our residents, their families and our dedicated staff. As a bonus, at Friendship Towers we are certified by the Commonwealth of Kentucky to provide assisted living services to those residents who need “a little extra help” with activities of daily living, on a temporary or permanent basis.
Independent living at Friendship Towers is just that – independence! Residents enjoy the privacy of their own apartment along with the convenience of being close to neighbors and services. The building is designed to accentuate comfort, convenience, security and affordability.
A wide range of services and amenities encourage the resident’s independence as well as lay the groundwork for very special friendships to form.
- Dining Room (three meals per day are available).
- Private Mailboxes
- Beauty and barber shop
- Conveniently located laundry rooms
- Free washers and dryers.
- Weekly Housekeeping
- Full interior and grounds maintenance
- Scheduled transportation
- Pull cords for use in an emergency
- Centrally located elevators
- Trash removal services
- Convenient parking
- Activities along with social and cultural programming
- Worship services and Bible study
- Assisted Living Services (See Below)
Assisted Living: In addition to the services offered in Independent Living, Friendship Towers’ residents may select additional, non-medical Assisted Living services offered by our trained Assisted Living caregivers.Services may include Assistance with Activities of Daily Living,and Assistance with self-administration of medications. Certified assisted living facilities may not provide health services such as medication administration or nursing services. To be eligible to reside in Assisted Living the resident must be ambulatory or mobile non-ambulatory (move about with an assistive device, but without help from another person) and not be a danger (to oneself or others).
Optional Assistance with Activities of Daily Living Services which may be selected are:
- Assistance with Self-Administration of Medication.
- Bathing Assistance
- Dressing Assistance (Clothing selection, fastening, hosiery, shoe tying)
- Grooming Assistance (Hair combing and arranging, makeup, shaving, etc.)
- Toileting Assistance (Reminders, help to and from, etc.)
- Eating (Assistance with menu selection, cutting food, pouring drinks, and opening containers). Residents must be able to feed themselves.
Optional Assistance with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living services which may be selected are:
- Additional housekeeping and/or bed making (Including turn down at bedtime)
- Personal Escort Service (To dining room or to activities)
- Personal laundry
- Meal preparation
- Okay Checks (Staff looks in to see if everything’s all right)
- Other chores
Charges vary, depending on the frequency of the service chosen. Please contact our Assisted Living Director at (859) 271-9001, Extension 139 for details.
The apartments at Friendship Towers are designed for older adults who wish to furnish with favorite items from their homes. They are spacious, designed to accommodate many types of personal furnishings.
Included in the apartment is a full kitchen with a range and refrigerator for those who wish to prepare meals at their discretion. Blinds, cable and telephone hookups and sufficient electrical outlets are available to meet every need. Each bedroom and bathroom is equipped with a “pull cord” to be used to summon staff help in the event of an emergency.
All units have individual controls for heating and air conditioning. Each apartment has its own lock on the apartment door which insures privacy, but is keyed so that emergency responders may enter.
There are no “visiting hours” – friends and family are welcome anytime – after all, they are visiting in your home!